It was a long and sometimes very damp weekend, but the crew ran loose at VARF and got to perform for pirates, peasants, merchants, nobles and Queens alike! Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth I even made us Minstrels to the Queen herself! Though official minstrels or not, we shall always be Her Majesty’s Privateers for Sail.
What we learned:
- Geese are the pirates of the avian world, because they’ll attack ye and steal yer booty.
- We can make the Queen cry and not get hung…twice!
- Meteorologists should be keelhauled.
- No one expects the Ferret Inquisition!
- The proper Wild Rover callback:
“And it’s no, nay, neveeeeeer!”
“TAKE! OFF! YOUR! PANTS!”
“No nay never, no moooore!”
“Will I plaaaaay the Wild Roveeeer!”
“OH GOD PUT ‘EM BACK ON!”
“No neveeeer, no mooooore!”
- Gute’s bologna has a first name…
- Jimmy Buffett has “Parrotheads”, but we have “Ferretheads”!
- There is no such thing as too much bacon.
- Ye never have the cash to buy hundreds of ping-pong balls when ye really want to.